Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wolfe Island Music Festival 2009

Initial lineup. Announced. FINALLY.


More bands to be added. But. Here is the list thusfar...

Holy Fuck, Busdriver, Rural Alberta Advantage, P.S. I Love U, The D'Urbervilles, Ohbijou, Attack in Black, Woodhands, Apostle of Hustle and Julie Fader.

This year it's going down Friday, August 7th and Saturday, August 8th. Mark your calendars.

I think I'm most excited to see Holy Fuck again. The Wolfie Fest was amazing last year, but did feel a little incomplete without those crazy Fuckers. I'm also rather jazzed to at last witness the live, breathy beauty of Ohbijou. I hope they get a night time set, because how lovely would that be? Answer: very. Who are you most excited to see?

I'm not too familiar with some of these bands i.e. Busdriver, D'Urbervilles and Julie Fader, but I'll do a little scavenging and post a get-to-know-the-tunes thing once the lineup is finalized. And maybe I'll finally put up my notes/review from last year's Wolfie fest... if anybody even remembers it at this point.

For more info check out the official WIMF site, and the Radio 3 bloggy post.


Thanks for stopping by,
Alie

No comments: